terça-feira, 14 de setembro de 2010

It is a long time since my last post.

It is a long time since my last post. I know. Believe me, I am blaming myself cuz this neglects and I was also thinking for a good subject for this “new start” post. Well, it is a re-start. After 6 months in Bangladesh, when I left and start my holidays, I travelled for a while till finally stop in Ranum.

Ranum is a small city in west of Denmark. I decided take a new AIESEC opportunity and I will work in Efterskole, a concept of Danish boarding school. I am in a program with nine others trainees, from different countries, to promote discussions about Human Rights, Racism and Cultural integration. Denmark today has a lot of refugees coming from many places around the world and it should be a good challenge for this new generation to accept “share” Denmark. Also, for me, I really like this subject. After almost 9 months travelling I think I saw and felt a lot that I feel confident to share my experience. Also, there is a possibility to work with the students in Media Classes, where the students have an overview about communication and if I could work in this field, it will be great. I just arrive here and I am still lost braving trying to adapt. How this is my second internship, I know that I will feel better soon, when the students start to feel comfortable with me and especially when I start to feel comfortable with them.

I must confess how weird is stop in a place and have my own room since long time ago. After almost 3 months travelling, living inside my bag, I will stop here for 1 month. In somehow, I feel peaceful here, cuz Ranum is a really (REALLY) small city between nowhere in the map, where the life goes slow. On the other hand, I can wait to go for the next school to pack and move again. I still don’t know how enjoy my free time and I am worry with this. I will have to figure out how I should do it pretty soon!

By the way, this last 3 months were amazing! Even it was being really exhausted I am really happy with the places that I visited. Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore in Asia also London, Portugal, Spain and a little of Germany where I got a train to got Denmark. Travel is an amazing discovery opportunity in a life! I always thought that the world is too big that I couldn’t live in my hometown for my all life…. And I know now that I am right. Of course, I had difficulties times when my only thought was to go back home with my mattress and my pillow. But I could feel some many new sensations and I could see so many incredible views! I met so many people, some of them were only for a short chatting and some others, I know that I have friends around the world, people that I share a room and other people that I share my life! Good people crossed my way, I can tell you. However, this experience isn’t finish and I wish that amazing views and good people keeping crossing my way.


Trainees for Efterskole program in Copenhagen!

2 comentários:

  1. Aahh!! Que delícia tudo isso, Rafa!!
    Te sinto tão mais madura, tão mais consciente do mundo e dona da sua vida do que o começo deste blog!!

    Me lembro da minha época de intercâmbio que eu pensava que não ia aguentar novamente ficar tanto tempo em um lugar sem viajar, agora que sabia como é "fácil" e gratificante conhecer o mundo!

    E aí, quando a gente pensa que amadurecemos, percebemos que podemos amadurecer ainda mais in too many ways!

    E agora fica inevitável não pensar em vc ao ver:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZzmqHJ0gPU

    Não podia deixar de dizer que tuas fotos estão cada vez mais ricas e mais belas!

    Enjoy this experience!
    beijos
    Vi

    ResponderExcluir
  2. vi, obrigada! suas palavras sao sempre sensiveis e verdadeiras! :)

    e a proposito, comecei a ler: "comer, rezar e amar." hehe...

    beijo!

    ResponderExcluir