sexta-feira, 25 de junho de 2010

bye-bye Bangladesh!

After almost 6 months living in Bangladesh, I left BD in 1 quickly week. When the visa issue was “solve” I had 7 days to leave the country. And I was happy! After 6 months in that country, I was tired. Bangladesh is definitely not an easy country to live and maybe till now, I am asking myself what I was looking there.  Absolutely, my Ogilvy’s experience was great! Had the opportunity to work in a company that has a “name” in Advertise was great and I hope with can give me more opportunities in the future! But, the full experience in BD was different. The work is an important part of AIESEC experience, but personal life is important. This is a way to balance life. So maybe, cuz that, I cried so much when I left Dhaka. I left especial people there. Even I was tired of poverty, poor quality of life, AIESEC problems and a big list of more problems… I left especial people where I was my home for the last 6 months!

I was happy when the immigration police allowed me to leave, I was crossing finger when he was handing my passport, but I was sad. I was sad to say bye. And even knowing that “we always can meet twice” people that we loved, that time was a good-bye. For my roommates I hope it was a shortly good-bye, cuz now, that I am at Kuala Lumpur waiting for a possible backpacker trip with my them. But for the others, I don’t know… I still not sure what I realized in BD for my life, but I am sure that I found especial people. I also hope, that especial people keep me in their hearts for a long time, I hope that especial people remember me not only cuz the BD environment make us friends, I hope they remember me for what I am or what I were for them. There is still some many things in my mind, in some way I miss BD. Probably, cuz I miss whom I left there.

In the other hand, I don’t know how I lived in BD for so long time! Kuala Lumpur is nice; it is definatly a “city”. I don’t need wear scarfs all time, and it is easy find “white people” on the street and there is no people standing to watch u! A big city with nice places to go! NICE food! AMAZING coffee! OW, how I missed that life style! Travel, be free, walk, have good moments…
After a scared first-moments here, now things are more calm. :]



I should say “Thanks BD!” to introduce me for many especial people and be glad for this. And be happy for this opportunity to travel. I hope, it will be a good good trip! :]

5 comentários:

  1. i hope you keep us in your memories and make the most of life has to offer... all the best wishes...

    from your friends at Ogilvy

    ResponderExcluir
  2. it might sound weird if i say i'm going to miss you rafa, so i'm just going to say i'm glad i came across you, and i hope we could become better friends. on behalf of AIESEC in AIUB, i apologize for all the horrible experiences you had to go through here in BD, and if we could go back and do this all over again, we'd do much better. it was great meeting you, and my heartfelt best wishes for whatever you do in life. take care, rafa, and once again. thanks for visiting us.

    ps: the TVC you did here will air for a while (i guess) and it brings a smile to my face every time i see you on tv :D

    -fahmim.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I guess there's a typo on the second paragraph. Shouldn't it be "I was happy when the immigration police allowed me to LEAVE"?
    :)

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Woooooooooooooooow!!!
    Rafa do céu!! Kuala Lumpur??? Malásia?? hahahaa... what the hell r u doing there??? or better: hooow??

    Antes de mais nada, tire foto das Petronas, pleeaaase??? hahaha...

    Quando leio vc escrevendo, mesmo em inglês, consigo sentir tudo o que vc quer passar, até mesmo a falta de certeza ou de definição!
    T6o aqui acompanhando sempre e ansiosa pelos próximos capítulos e explicações!!!

    bjão enorme!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Rafas...com ctza essa foi a experiencia mais marcante da sua vida!! So vai trazer bom frutos profissionais e pessoal nem da pra medir o quanto foi importante pra vc!!!

    Nao deixe de fazer + aventuras como essa!! T admiro d+ por isso!!!

    E Fala serio hein,Kuala Lampur sonho de consumo de qualquer ser como mero turista!!! hihihi
    Beijooooooooo grandeeee e se cuide!!!

    ResponderExcluir